Monday, April 29, 2013

The Lake Show Is Dead

So, I didn't want to make this declaration.  I didn't. Not because I'm a Lakers fan (I'm a Sixers Girl) and I don't hate the Lakers per se (their fans are DEFINITELY a different story however....ha!) but I think it needed to be said because you cats are in a state of disillusion and what kind of friend would I be if I didn't shake you by the shoulders and say "Hey. Wake up, honey."

The Lake Show as you knew it is dead.  It actually started it's slow decline in 2010, with those pictures Kobe took. Oh. You forgot the pictures?
#NeverForget

No lie. The moment I saw this, I said in my head "It's a wrap for the Lakers. This man got on a bow tie, a 3/4ths length shirt, a hat and a sweat band. AND IS THAT TINTED LIPGLOSS?!?!?!"

*leaps out window*

I digress.  After they got swept by the Dallas Mavericks (for real...who saw that coming? They didn't put up a fight or anything!) and the public meltdown of several of the players caught the attention of everyone, the chips just started falling at will. They lost their fearless leader in Phil Jackson. Fisher got traded. They got Nash (who I think at one point said he would NEVER wear a Laker jersey); They got some kid from Orlando who has never really been a factor in the game but because he is a big guy, he gets a lot of attention (a modern day Shaq if you will, but at least Shaq had the rings to back up anything he said). They got Pau, who shows up and plays when it's cool for his pysche, And....that's about it. Who else is making it happen for the Lakers.Oh yea. This guy.
But he is a clutch player. Can't take that away from him.

But yo...for real....The Los Angeles Lakers WILL NOT be contenders again until the 2014-2015 season. Quote me.

No comments:

Post a Comment